Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Do it for Kevin

I know this time of year brings a lot of messages telling you to give money here and donate to there and help this or that...The only difference between all of those other messages and this one is that this request involves two men who are very important to me.  Most of you don't know them, and probably never will.  That's ok.  I will fill you in, and then you can decide if I'm giving you a worthy cause.



PJ and his winter beard :0)

The first man I'm doing this for is my husband, PJ.  He and the rest of the Texas Roadhouse management team have set a goal to raise $5000.00 for Special Olympics.  I will tell you right now, they aren't even close to reaching that goal.  In two days, these men will plunge half naked into a frozen Montana lake whether they raise the money or not.  It's because they are dedicated, and this is an important event. 






Kevin with his 2010 SO Medals

The second man is Kevin.  He's PJ's big brother, my brother-in-law, and he has Down Syndrome.  Kevin has participated in Special Olympics his entire life, and he has a closet full of medals to prove it!  The sense of accomplishment he gets from competing is huge.  Kevin is one of the sweetest, most down-to-earth people I have ever met.  It's no wonder PJ is so committed to this cause.

I can tell you want to know how to help.  I will tell you, but first, consider this: If we all do something small, we can make big things happen.  I'm not going to ask any of you to donate $5000, though if you can and you want to, I won't stop you!  I know the economy stinks, and money is scarce.  But do you have $1?  Or maybe $5?  It'll help.  If each of my blog subscribers gave $5, that would be an extra $105.  If each of my twitter followers gave $5, they would raise $4295!!!

I wouldn't ask if this wasn't important to me.  Will you help??  Every dollar is appreciated.  The fun part is, if you get involved, we will share pictures of the guys during the plunge!  They're not just dedicated, but also a little crazy!  If you've decided you can spare a buck, visit their website here.  If you can't, that's fine.  I thank you for taking the time to read this anyway.
GM John and PJ before the 2008 Polar Bare Plunge

0 .:

Post a Comment