Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Taking the first step

I know you've heard me talk before of hating my current shape, wanting to adopt a healthy lifestyle, starting an exercise routine...  Same old story.  This time is different.  I've been thinking a lot about all of the health issues my parents have dealt with, a majority of which stemmed from their obesity.  I'm not getting any younger, and I'm extremely out of shape.  I don't want to deal with diabetes and heart issues.  I want my kids to have a healthier outlook than the one I grew up with.  I don't want my kids to live by the idea of always having to clean their plates, whether they are still hungry or not.  And I want to change my thinking as well.

I'm not saying I want us to be wasteful.  I do want to be more aware of what and how much we eat.  We will offer healthier options.  My family loves fruits and veggies, so we should be eating more of them.  The kids have plenty of opportunity to exercise, but I need to make more time for me to get moving.  I will do my best to keep you all informed (and me accountable) of my progress.  I'm too young to be obese and not try to change my circumstances.

The first step: Couch to 5K... Lord help me.

0 .:

Post a Comment