Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

15 Reasons I Won't Miss Apartment Living #12

At the conference I just went to, one of the speakers was talking about building up your strengths.  He said that, when asked what their biggest strength is, a majority of people will say they are "a people person."  I am here to tell you that I am not a people person.  I'm good at dealing with people in a retail setting, and can be in social situations, but I really dislike being around people all the time.  With that said, I am working on making more of an effort to build relationships. 

About three weeks ago, we got new neighbors downstairs.  Any time I go out and they are on their patio I make it a point to say hello.  And every time I do, they look at me like I'm crazy and ignore me.  Needless to say, I finally stopped.  I will not miss having rude neighbors who live ten feet from me.  In our house, if the neighbors don't want to say hello, I will be fine with it because we won't be sharing a dwelling.  I will go inside, sit in my theater, or my jacuzzi tub, or on my deck and think about them, back in their box, angry about still living in an apartment.

0 .:

Post a Comment