Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

15 Reasons I Won't Miss Apartment Living #10

As you enter our apartment complex, there is a big banner that hangs on building A stating "Luxury living at affordable prices."  Every time I see it, I can't help but snort.  I guess that depends on what you consider to be "luxury" and "affordable."  The fact that there is a tiny peanut shaped pool doesn't make it luxury.  Nor does the little putting green next to it, or the playground off to the west. 

On the other hand, the fact that our rent is more than our mortgage payment, combined with a second, on our last house doesn't scream affordability to me.  We pay over $1000 a month for 1300 square feet of living space.  For six people.  I know compared to third world countries this would be a mansion, and we should be happy to have a roof and all that, and we are, but for what we are paying, this place should offer amenities like free baby poop removal and a weekly massage...  Now that's luxury!

0 .:

Post a Comment