Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

15 Reasons I Won't Miss Apartment Living #6

I don't know about you, but I love color.  Vibrant, fluid, shining color.  As a photography major in college, I dreaded the assignments in black and white because I knew that no matter what the photos showed, they would make me feel lonely.  It was the absence of color.  I have never met anyone who, when asked to name their favorite color, proudly proclaimed, "White!".  So why is it that every apartment we have ever lived in has been ALL white? 

White walls show everything.  Every hand print.  Every splash.  Every "accidental" markering by the two year old.  Then add in the white appliances, and the white blinds, and the white, white, whhiiiiiiiiiiitttttttteeeeeeeee...  I compare it to being trapped in a Montana blizzard, only, eventually, the blizzard goes away.  However, these white walls go on for.ev.er.

Would it kill the management to step back and try something bold?  Eggshell maybe.  Or ecru.  Would tan be asking too much?  Yes.  Apparently it would.  I am so thankful that the previous owners of our house saw the beauty in color and left it instead of painting everything white.  Now if only they had left the lime green, crushed velvet, low rider sofa in the theater, we'd be in business!

0 .:

Post a Comment