Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

15 Reasons I Won't Miss Apartment Living #5

As you may know, I live in Montana.  We joke about only having two seasons: winter and construction, which really isn't that far off.  I have personally witnessed snow in all twelve months of the year.  You would think that since winter lasts approximately nine months out of the year here, snow removal would be a big priority.  Sadly, you would be wrong.

All around our parking lot there are little signs that say, "Drive with caution. Hazardous winter conditions may exist."  No kidding?  In Montana?  This, of course, is a CYA tactic employed by the complex because they rarely plow the snow from our parking lot.  That way, if you get in an accident due to snow or ice, they aren't liable, and can say, "Hey, we warned you."  Last winter we had five inch ice ruts running through the entire lot.  I measured.  I was extremely thankful at the end of the day that I drive a gas guzzling, bad for the air, Earth-killing SUV.  At least it was big enough to not get ripped apart by the ice.  I'm looking forward to only having to cuss the city for the bad road conditions from here on out.

0 .:

Post a Comment